EM 105: Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Policies
Unit I: Introduction to environmental impact assessment (EIA), origin and development of EIA, Environmental impact statement and environmental
management plan. EIA guidelines 1994 and 2006, Notifications of Government of India on EIA.
Unit II: Impact assessment methodologies; Generation of baseline data, components of an EIA report; generalized approach to impact analysis, procedure
for reviewing environmental impact analysis and statement. Authorities/Institutions involved in granting environmental clearance.
Unit III: Environmental policy 2006, Environmental policy resolution, Legislation, Public policy strategies in pollution control, International and
National Conservation agencies, policies and strategies, Convention on biodiversity, Convention on Climate Change, Kyoto Protocol, Carbon credit and Carbon
Unit IV: Concept of environmental ethics, Philosophies of biocentrism and ecocentrism, application of ethics to environmental issues. Eastern and Western
philosophical traditions and relationships between humans, animals, and the natural environment, value of wilderness.
- D.P. Lawrence (2003) Environmental Impact Assessment: Practical Solutions to Recurrent Problems, John Wiley and Sons, New Delhi.
- Glasson, Therivel and Chadwick (1999) An Introduction to Environmental Impact Assessment, UCLA, Los Angles.
- P.Morris and R. Therivel (2001), Methods of Environmental Impact Assessment, Spoon Press.
- L. Carter (1996) Environmental Impact Assessment, McGraw, New Delhi.
- Y. Anjanejuly (2002) Environmental Impact Assessment Methodologies, B.S. Publications, New Delhi.
- J.Wetson (1997) Planning and EIA in Practice, Longman.
- Jos Arts and Angus Morrison-Saunders (2004) Assessing-Impact-Handbook of EIA and SEA follow-up, Earthscan, London.
- Website of Moef, GOI, New Delhi.
- Sreivastava, D.C. (2005) Readings in Environmental Ethnics: Multidisciplinary perspectives, Rawat Publications, Jaipur.
William Carey University is a member of
ACTS Group of Institutions